So, I finally completed my research on...drum roll, please...making carriers! Let's be honest. I mean, really?? There is a plethora of sites out there that tell you how to make a carrier. So, why here? Why me? Because. I'm obsessive. And I've spent so much of my time researching, if one person reads this and days, "hey!! I CAN do that!" Well, then, that's why I'm posting it. :D
FYI: I'm a natural fabrics girl. I like organics. I like the earth. But, well, sometimes cheap is cheap and we get what we can afford. Hence the reason I am a selfish hippie mama.
Here's the reality: making a carrier really is that easy. Stupid easy. In fact, so pathetically easy (and worth it!!!), I've realized all the different uses and fabrics to make them:
- Summer carriers: use cotton gauze, to keep self and baby very cool
- Water carriers: use nylon sport mesh, awesome for taking a baby in the pool, or hanging out in the sprinklers, because it will not be heavy when it gets wet
- Winter carriers: fleece (because it doesn't breathe, it keeps you warm--good for keeping your body heat between you and baby
- Year-round: cotton canvas, breathes easy, washes clean, sturdy, fun fabrics
- It's easy. Really. There are even super-easy no-sew versions.
- Totally worth it.
- Choices are endless…pick your season and purpose, and just go for it!!