Monday, June 14, 2010

Homemade Wool Wash

After spending $14.60 for Euclan Wool Wash on Amazon.com, it occurred to me that I could probably make some on my own…yet, again…why don't I think of these things sooner?

Here's what I used:
  • Lavender-scented castile soap (from Trader Joe's)
  • Lansolin lanolin (bought at babies-r-us)
  • 1 cup hot water
Yah. That easy! I heated 1 cup water in the microwave until hot. Dissolved a pea-sized amount of lanolin in the water, then added several drops of castile soap. Mixed it all up, added to a few inches of cool water in a plastic bucket and swished it all around. Put diaper in, allow to soak for at least 15 minutes. Drain water and gently squeeze diaper. Repeat soaking with only cool water. Drain and gently squeeze diaper. 

Tada! A clean and lanolized diaper…on the cheap!

2 comments:

The Mommy said...

That's awesome!!! I had read that the Lansinoh lanolin didn't do much for a soaker but I have to try this out anyhow. How could pure lanolin NOT work, right? This is great! Thanks for sharing it! :D

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about doing something similar as well. I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing!